Sunday, May 17, 2009

Give Me Eyes

Lord, give me eyes for a new generation

Let me see their hopes and dreams,

Let me weep their tears, hear their cries, and shout their joys

 

And if their dreams are washed away by the rush of yesterday

I will sing a new song to ignite their hearts again

 

Awaken my eyes to primal things whose natures' never change

Awaken my ears to hear the words that never die

Awaken my heart to feel the love that is enough, and not enough,

 

And if my love is washed away by the rush of yesterday

I will sing a new song to ignite my heart again

 

Lord, make me thirst for unreached nations

Make me thirst for truth and justice

Make me thirst for Your holiness

 

And if my thirst is blown away by the rush of yesterday

I will sing a new song to ignite my thirst again

 

Lord, give us eyes for Your soon return

Let love-struck hearts with passion burn

Let us see Your eyes ablaze with fire

 

And if our awe is washed away by the rush of yesterday

We will sing a new song to ignite our wonder once again


Michael Hennen

No comments:

Post a Comment